Principal Software Engineer
We are changing automotive industry in Pakistan, we are changing how millions of Pakistanis buy and sell cars and bikes, how they make their decision, how they do their research, etc.
Join us and be part of this revolution !
What are we looking in YOU?
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data.
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at PakWheels.
- Hit the ground running - Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the PakWheels codebase and technologies stack within weeks.
- Research and apply industry trends as part of your daily work.
- Write and maintain exemplary code.
- Actively contribute in post-release maintenance issues.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Pioneer reliability and efficiency of our current code base, platforms and/or core systems.
- Impact on the direction and scope of PakWheels technical vision within your stream.
- Define the architecture of your product steam.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it.
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale.
- Code review all major features / enhancements, defining programming standards and providing constructive feedback.
- Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor.
- Capacity to push back requirements when incomplete.
What will YOU need to be successful in this role?
- 3 - 5 years of professional back-end software engineering experience.
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products.
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure.
- Driven to gain insight into different new and old technologies.
- Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided.
PakWheels.com was formed in 2003 and has become the largest community based automobile website in Pakistan with more than 350,000+ registered car and motorcycle enthusiasts. Around 30 Million pages are viewed on the site every month, with people searching classifieds, researching about brand new cars and motorcycles, discussing auto-related issues with other members, sharing information, pictures, videos, etc.