UI Engineer - Lahore
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
We are looking for a software engineer/developer to join our cutting-edge development team as it grows. We want someone who is comfortable asking “why?” The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and is a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment and have the ability to “take the wheel” when necessary.
- Build pixel-perfect, robust and, accessible user interfaces on the web
- Strong focus on performance and robustness
- Follow our software development process including writing unit tests, perform code reviews, etc.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to develop features
- Provide support for production deployments
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- Proficient in HTML, CSS3, Bootstrap usage in building large scale applications
- Experience in designing with backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, or any other.
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and problem-solving
- Experience in Single Page Application architecture would be a plus
PakWheels.com was formed in 2003 and has become the largest community-based automobile website in Pakistan with more than 500,000+ registered car and motorcycle enthusiasts. Around 40 Million pages are viewed on the site every month, with people searching classifieds, researching brand new cars and motorcycles, discussing auto-related issues with other members, sharing information, pictures, videos, etc.